Free Hammock Hanging Classes

For the Hangers, Q&A, Information, etc

Moderator: tacoma96

Free Hammock Hanging Classes

Postby gunner76 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Yes FREE hammock hanging classes

If you ever considered coming over to the dark side of camping also know as hammock hanging and or would just like to learn more before you purchase your first hammock then I have a deal for you. This offer is open to forum and non forum members.

I am not going to try and get you to buy anything nor will I be selling anything as I do not sell hammocks or related gear. I will make recommendations (if you ask) but it is up to you to decide what gear to buy.

I have a variety of hammocks and related hammock gear from a variety of manufactures and a few DIY hammocks. Classes would be held in my backyard where I can set up to 9 hammocks at a time. (EDIT I am in the process of adding 3 more hanging points so I will be able to hang up to 9 hammocks at one time in the backyard)

Classes would consist of what makes a camping hammock, how to hang one properly, the different types of tarps, Under Quilts, Pads, Top Quilts and suspensions, ect.

The best days for me to offer said classes would be on Sundays or Wednesdays (weather permitting). Small groups of 6 or less people would be best.

If you have any questions, please PM me or send me an email at gswheat @ gmail.com with the subject line of Hammock Class.
Join The Clymb http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/gswheat

HKRMTBKR (My truck license plate, 3 words)

Hammock Hangers...taking over the world 2 trees at a time

I am 18 with 42 years of experience

Hammock Hanger by choice.....
gunner76
Site Admin

Re: Free Hammock Hanging Classes

Postby tacoma96 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:05 pm

That is a great idea. I wish I had someone to show me the different options with hammocks. Just when I thought I had everything right, well I wish I would of done things different. Gunner has definitely helped me out ALOT.
We are the crazy people.
tacoma96

Postby gunner76 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:12 pm

I found attending group hangs is one of the best places to learn about hammocks as you have a chance to see many different setups and ask the owner questions about why did you do it this way ect.

The Ultimate Hang book http://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimate-Hang ... mmock+book is a great source of information and worth getting ( I own a copy) but it is not the same as being able to put hands on
Join The Clymb http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/gswheat

HKRMTBKR (My truck license plate, 3 words)

Hammock Hangers...taking over the world 2 trees at a time

I am 18 with 42 years of experience

Hammock Hanger by choice.....
gunner76
Site Admin

Postby tacoma96 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Oh yes I cant wait to attend the hang at Santee Cooper, SC. I want to check out some of the UQs.
We are the crazy people.
tacoma96

Return to Hammock Camping