Quick Overnight Camp out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Overnight Camp out

My youngest son came down to visit for a few days and asked me to take him out camping as he had bought a ENO set up and back pack from Amazon and wanted to use it. So I had him set it up in the back yard to make sure he could set it all up and had everything he needed.

We went to the Neusiok Trail and hiked about 5 minutes to the closest place to set up for the night. If the place looks familiar its because it is where I took Hickery and Shug a couple of weeks ago.

I forgot my hammock straps so I had to go back home ( 20 minute drive there and back ) and get them. Got back just as the sun was setting. Set up and left the tarp to one side as it was a clear night and I wanted to be able to see the stars.

There were a few deer flies out but the skeeters came out in force at dusk. Glad we had bug nets ( plus I treated my hammock a couple of weeks ago ).

Was very warm and the 3S UQ was almost too warm. Did not use the TQ I took. Enjoyed watching the stars and jets flying overhead. We did have to listen to tree and bull frogs all night.

When the sun came up, it got hot fast so we broke down camp early and headed home. My son said he did ok in his hammock. Kept hinting I should give him some hammock gear....had a answer....NO ( he has a very good job as an IT tech and make very good money ).

Asked him about possibility of going on long multi day hike this coming fall and he seemed to be willing to give it a try.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0253.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	769.2 KB
ID:	1391

Name:	IMG_0255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	1392

Our view