Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 mi out and back run starting at oyster point

Hey guys,

Akira and I attempted to do a 5 mi out and back yesterday. We got to that part where you pass alligator rd and saw a laminated sign that had been ripped off the tree stating that the section of trail was closed until further notice. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this section is still closed? I was confused by the ripped down sign so, we kept going but we were met with a few places of standing water so we ended up turning around somewhere between markers for miles 4 and 5.

This section of trail was very moist and had lots of roots. The trail before this point was pristine and very nice.

I was looking for a forum thread on trail closings but, have not yet located it. That is one I would certainly subscribe to.

The run was pretty amazing, I can't wait to do another chunk of the trail next week!
    Fentoozler

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171112_122825_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1106
    Ignore the sign. The Forest Service was doing work along Deep Creek Rd this past spring and closed Deep Creek Rd and the section of trail from Deep Creek Rd to Alligator Tram Rd. They forgot to take down the sign.

Comment

Working...
    X