Shug and Maple King hiked the trail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shug and Maple King hiked the trail

Shug and Hickery ( AKA The Maple King ) hiked the NT last week and Shug has posted Part 1 of a two part video of the their hike. I was contacted a couple of weeks ago by Hickery ( whom I have camped out with several times in the past ) about providing a shuttle for their hike. Told them I would not say anything about them being in the area until after they left.

I met them at Oyster Point and gave them a ride up to Pine Cliffs Recreation Area. Showed them a good place to hang for the night on the Neuse River, talked to them for a little while and the left them to their journey.

For those of you not familiar with Shug, he is an entertainer and has posted many videos of his hikes and about hammock camping. Recommend that you check out his UTube channel.

Some pictures I took of them.....

Hickery checking his knife
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Hickory Brothers on the NT 08.jpg Views:	1 Size:	870.6 KB ID:	1367

Shug's camping gear was still inside the suitcase he flew with so he had to pack his gear and food and change clothes
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Hickory Brothers on the NT 05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	877.9 KB ID:	1368

Almost ready...got the had on
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Hickory Brothers on the NT 06.jpg Views:	1 Size:	179.0 KB ID:	1370

On the Neuse River
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Hickory Brothers on the NT 11.jpg Views:	1 Size:	596.8 KB ID:	1371

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hickory Brothers on the NT 02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	858.8 KB ID:	1369

Working...
X