Short first hike and overnight with kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short first hike and overnight with kids

I am looking for a suggestion on where to start hiking. I want to bring my two kids on their first backpacking overnight camping trip. They have been camping at Goose Creek several times and looking to step it up. Is there water available at the campsite.

Depending on how far you want to backpack....

Hwy 101 to Dogwood Camp shelter....0.75 miles to shelter, easy hike, water, plenty of trees for hammocks or cleared areas for tents. Water pump. Easy to find fire wood

Pine Cliffs Recreation Area to Copperhead Landing Shelter....about 3.5 miles to shelter. easy hike with some minor ups and downs, water, plenty of trees for hammocks or cleared areas for tents. Easy to find fire wood

Oyster Point Trail Head to Blackjack Shelter.,,, 2.5 miles to shelter, easy hike with some minor ups and downs, water in streams near by, plenty of trees for hammocks or cleared areas for tents. Water pump needs priming water. Very little fire wood

Comment

I can only second the Snowlizard's suggestion. Oyster Point Trail Head to Blackjack Shelter is an amazing option for what you want to do, if you ask me. We've done this a few years back when our kids were a bit younger and had a great time.

Comment

Working...
      X