FNG says hey!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNG says hey!

Hello everyone. My dog Rory and I moved here to North Carolina in the middle of 2018. We haven't had much time to start hiking but now we plan on beginning. Friend of mine told me about this website and the Nuesiok Trail . We live in Greenville. Came from PA, lots of experience on the AT. Hope to enjoy NC and all it offers.

Welcome to the forum. My oldest son lives and works in Greenville. Best BBQ in Greenville can be found at B's BBQ. Warning, they only cook a certain amount each night and they can run out so get there early.

I am hosting a group Hammock Hang at Medoc Mt State Park in a couple of weeks if you can make it, Tenters welcomed along with well behave dogs and their owners. Planning link here

Unfortunately, the Neusiok Trail is still closed from the hurricane and the government shut down is not helping any.

Comment

• Miquel
      Miquel commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear the trail is closed. All sections?

Hey Pete, Welcome to NC and to this site. Got a few friends around you over at ECU, Mount Olive and closer to the coast. Check out our newest section TSH for some upcoming hike & hang events. Be safe and hope to meet you and Rory some day.

Comment

Hey Pete, Welcome to NC. I am sure you'll enjoy the Neusiok Trail. I joined last year about this time. Hiking has been a great past time for me since I retired last year. Originally from OH- another Yankee. I did a thru hike last year on the Neusiok with one night in a shelter area. The northern section is dryer then the southern section. Mike

Comment

Working...
      X