Hello form Sneads Ferry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello form Sneads Ferry

Hello!! I live down in Sneads Ferry and am currently stationed at Camp Lejeune. At the moment I am re-crossing the Atlantic on the way home from yet another MEU deployment but I am excited to get home and get back on the trail. I am planning to hike the Neusiok and whatever else I can find in the area during the labor day long weekend. I've done some day hikes in the area and it will likely be my first longer hike using my new Blackbird XLC hammock. I look forward to being here! Whatever I can do to help the trail, let me know.

Welcome to the forum.

Might still be a bit buggy on the trail for hiking on Labor Day, You could hang out along the Neuse River. There are several great places to hang along the Neuse starting about 10 minutes from the Pine Cliffs Recreation Area Trail head. Got to 2018 Trip reports and look for the trip report from Shug and mine. There are more spots along the river to hang. While you may still encounter bugs, the breeze along the river helps to keep them at bay ( sometimes ).

The best thing you can do to support the trail is to hike it and post a a report of your trip.

I have a XLC and several BB's and prefer the BB, crazy but that's just me. My wife and I are hosting a hammock hang at Medoc Mt State Park the last weekend in Oct if you want to come join a bunch of hammock hangers for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
    X