Colleen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colleen

Hi I am Colleen. I live in Pennsylvania, but I will be moving to South Carolina soon to join my boyfriend, Christoph, as he travels with his job across the US. We own a Dodge Promaster and are converting it to a camper van for traveling.

I am an artist and I love hiking. I am a beginner backpacker. I have gone to Zion National Park, the Sierra Nevadas, Franconia Notch in New Hampshire. I am looking forward to a upcoming roadtrip in May 2018 through the Rocky Mountains, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Glacier, and fingers crossed for Banff in Alberta! And in June Acadia National Park in Maine

I found this forum because on the second week of March a friend and have birthdays on March 9 and 10 and we wanted to take a week trip somewhere we have never been and to escape from the Nor'easters up here in PA! If anyone could recommend some good hiking and backpacking trips on the Mountains to Sea trail, specifically a 4 day backpacking trip along the Neusiok trail. Any tips to a newcomer to the area would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good hiking trails in South and North Carolina.

For info on the Neusiok Trail just look thru the forum and web site for information and if you can not find what you are looking for then post your question(s).

The Mountain to the Sea Trail east of Raleigh NC is pretty much a road walk. You might also consider the Dutch Creek and Uwharrie Trails located in the Uwharrie National Forest. I am heading there today or tomorrow to do some hiking and camping.

Comment

The Neusiok Trail, part of the NC Mountains-to-Sea Trail(MST) is approximately 21 miles and pretty flat. As per Snowlizard's post, this forum contains great information on this trail Since the Neusiok is part of the MST, another helpful site would be the MST site, 'mountainstoseatrail.org'. The online guide for Segment 17 includes information for the Neusiok . West of this coastal area, MST Segment 10 guide is for the area around Raleigh and Durham and the trail here is a bit more hilly with over 60 miles of footpath and several sites for legal tent camping.

Comment

Working...
      X