Visit to Dutch Ware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit to Dutch Ware

Was up in Dutch country visiting some friends so The Terminator ( my wife and fellow hammock hanger ) and I decided to visit Dutchware. For those of you who have not heard of him, Dutch makes and sells lots of very lightweight hammock gear.

GPS took us to the correct street location but had us looking on the wrong side of the street. After the third drive by I spotted Dutch's sign on the other side of the street. Stupid GPS.

Rang the door bell and a lady by the name of Kris ( I apologize if I am spelling the name wrong ) answered the door and ended up giving us a tour of the place. It is much larger than it looks from the outside. The main room is full of all sorts of gear, bling ect that hammock hangers crave. A big thanks to Kris for the tour.

While the place is not really a store, I still picked up a bunch of gear and when The Terminator asked how much did I spend, I told her she did not want to know.

Got to see the sewing room where about 6 ( I think it was 6 ) seamstress were keeping those sewing machines busy. Impressive. Also got to see the room where Dutch and crew make a lot of their metal gear like Ti Cinch Buckles, cut straps ect. I did not get any usable pictures of these two areas.

Dutch then took several of his people to lunch and invited us along. Got a chance to talk to several of the workers, very nice folks.

When we went back to the shop Dutch took us into a room with his newest venture related to hammock gear and while I am not allowed to say anything about it at this time...it is impressive and will be a nice addition to the products he offers. Even The Terminator wants to place an order when it goes live.

Click on image for larger view

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170915_101334.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	832
    Entrance to store

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170915_104719.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.8 KB ID:	833
    Shipping is located next to
    gear for easy picking

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170915_104732.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	834

The Terminator looking
    at the bling

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170915_111931.jpg Views:	1 Size:	36.7 KB ID:	835

Sheets of Titanium that has
    had parts stamped / cut out

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170915_111932.jpg Views:	1 Size:	36.3 KB ID:	836

Couple of employees by stairs
    leading to sewing room and
    breakroom

That is awesome!!! I always kind of wondered if Dutchware wasn't just made by gnomes in factories the shape of USPS boxes while they were being transported to my front door.

Comment

Dutch is old fashion. He use Elfs.

Comment

You know, I feel like after watching as many Shug videos as I have, I should have known that.

Comment

I guess I should mention I have known Dutch for about 7 years.

Comment

Working...
          X