Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkstool - a stool for us big guys

Walkstool Review

One of my few complaints while backpacking is that at my age is that it is hard to find a place to sit that does not involve me sitting on the ground. I am not limber so getting back up is a royal pain.

I have been waiting for several years for Dutch to come out with a lightweight packpacking chair made of titanium but it does not not look like its going to happen in the next two weeks.

I am a big guy and I weigh too much for the fold up stools like Jacks R Better sell and at my age I find they sit too low and the butterfly chairs that basically sit on the ground are also too low for me to be comfortable in plus most of them will not hold my weight. The one fold up stool that I have found that will hold my weight sits too low and the seat area is way to small.

The Terminator and I were out shopping when I spotted the Walkstools on display at a store and I thought this looks promising. I tried several and found one that was the right height. Then I looked at the price and decided that while I liked it, I was not going to spend $120 on it. A few days later I did find it on line at half that price along with free shipping.

I ended up getting the Comfort XL 65cm/26 inch. It is rated to 250kg / 550 lbs so it is more than strong enough. The manufacture claims it weighs in at 850 grams or 30 ounces but my scales shows it at 977 grams / 34.4 ounces

I did consider the basic model as it would hold me but the comfort model has a slightly larger seat area and sat 2 inches higher which made a world for difference in the comfort level to me.

While at 2 pounds it is a bit on the heavy side for backpacking, it would at lest give me a place to sit while hiking the trail and or preparing and cooking a meal . I know I can sit in my hammock and I have done so many a time but I do not cook close to my hammock.

From Walkstool.com

Walkstool is a Swedish invention and the only three legged stool in the world with telescopic legs, patents and trademark protections. The very first model of Walkstool was introduced on the market at the end of 1997. Telescopic legs offer two sitting positions; with or without folding out the lower legs. Walkstool is compact, durable, light and with an outstanding sitting comfort

Walkstool is being sold in app. 45 countries around the world with Germany and USA as its biggest markets. We offer six different models – Walkstool Comfort in four different heights produced in our own factory in Sweden and Walkstool Basic in two different heights produced in China. We also offer Walkstool Steady as an accessory to the Comfort models.

Walkstool is being used and appreciated by photographers, hunters and fishers, people using it in everyday outdoor activities, bird watchers, astronomers, disabled people, professional workers like electrician and service technicians who often work in low positions and suffer big problems with their knees. Most people would find one or several uses for a product like Walkstool.

Walkstool Comfort comes as four different models with sitting heights 45, 55, 65 and 75 cm (18, 22, 26 and 30 in). The smallest model features a large and comfortable seat size, being increased on higher models.

Walkstool Comfort is made in our own factory in Sweden and has a light weight construction with telescopic legs in aluminum. By not extending the telescopic legs, you will be able to use Walkstool in a lower sitting height as well. Walkstool Comfort offers big rubber feet and an ergonomically shaped seat of mesh material, making it possible to sit comfortably for extensive periods of time. All Comfort models come with a practical bag to for instance carry over your shoulder.

Walkstool Basic comes in two different sitting heights - 50 cm and 60 cm (20 in and 24 in). The seat is made of black polyester and is app. 20% bigger in size than a normal seat for a three legged stool. The legs are grey to match the seat.

Walkstool Basic has a similar light weight construction as the Walkstool Comfort models, including telescopic legs in aluminum. It is manufactured in China with a quality high enough for most people to use it for many years.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Walkstool Data.png Views:	1 Size:	167.4 KB ID:	501

Click image for larger version  Name:	Walkstool Data 2.png Views:	1 Size:	107.1 KB ID:	502

Working...
X