Croatan Closure Check Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croatan Closure Check Up

Took Sam the dog out with me today to see what if any of the Neusiok Trail might be open. For the most part it is closed although I did not find an "Area Closed" sign at the Hwy 101 parking lot trail head so I did take a hike to Dogwood Shelter. Found a few downed trees across the trail of which one had been removed. The shelter is in great shape and the water pump is working. Came across a couple with a baby and a dog heading back to the parking lot.

Oyster Point Rd is suppose to be open but there is a big sign saying it is closed.

Hwy 306 parking lot trail head...you can see the orange tape across
    the trail to the right of the Kiosk

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00025.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.4 KB ID:	1583

Entrance to Pine Cliffs Recreation Area...
    closure notice

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00029.jpg Views:	1 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	1584

Barrier at horse parking lot turn off
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00032.jpg Views:	1 Size:	102.7 KB ID:	1585

Road beyond the barrier looks bad and the road leading up to the barrier needs to be graded to fill in the numerous pot holes
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00035.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	1586

There were several of the large signs on the ground around the barrier. I think they are trying to tell us something.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00036.jpg Views:	1 Size:	125.6 KB ID:	1587

Some more pictures from today's outing....

One a couple trees across the trail heading to Dogwood shelter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00056.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1589

Oyster Point Rd....

Name:	DSC00065.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1590

Last board walk from the Oyster Point to Mill Creek Rd section will need to be replaced.
    It was the last original boardwalk on this section.

Name:	DSC00067.jpg
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1591

Comment

Working...
    X