• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Feb 2019 Update on Croatan NF is slowly reopening

Latest up dates on Croataon NF

Croatan NF Rec Area Updates - January 30
    Date(s): Jan 30, 2019

Pine Cliff horse trails on Croatan National Forest reopened in December. Pine Cliff Road is open up to the entrance to the parking lot but barricades have been placed to restrict access beyond this point due to continued hazards on the road.

Oyster Point Campground will reopen after the road is repaired though a date for reopening is not available at this time. Flanners Beach/Neuse River Recreation Area will remain closed until hazards can be mitigated.

Many other recreation areas are open including Island Creek Trail, Patsy Pond Trail, Haywood Landing Boat Launch, Cahooque Creek Boat Launch, and Brice's Creek Recreation Area. As a reminder, camping is not allowed in these areas but is allowed at Long Point Boat Launch, which is also open.

For more information, contact the Croatan Ranger District at (252) 638-5628.

I took my dog Sam and hiked the Patsy Pond Trails to day. Easy hike except for a few places that are flooded due to all the rain we have had lately. Sam had a great time playing in the water.

Next day off I am going to explore the Neusiok Trail Heads and see if the closed signs are still up.

Comment

Working...
    X